Saturday, October 2, 2010

How To Look Smaller In A Wedding Dress

Reflections of September 30, 2010


Like a surrealist novel, after the fear and desolation that Ecuadorians feel the historic September 30, 2010, the day before everything went relatively normal. People came to work, commenting on all about which the President rescue thriller around the country attended by television, newspapers minute narrated what had happened the day before, but they are read without surprise that old news, after being followed in the instant everything that happened on that day of terror, and at the end of the day we had all stayed relatively quiet once the movie reached its climax with the rescue, and came to an end with the head in Carondelet showing signs of life. And I say that was a normal day yesterday, the crowded malls to be end of the month, the cinema with films from quality, and to finish my little neighbors did their respective weekly bash.

No, as usual, was not something we imagine, not ever erase the images we all saw where the police with their faces covered intimidate the population, aimed at civilians armed with their bikes through the city in war plan. No images will be deleted shops looted, mothers running with microwave over his shoulder, and will not be erased from my mind this deep fear that people felt yesterday, all at home for safekeeping, leaving the of their work or whatever, praying for good health and not come with a vandal on the road. Such was the uncertainty to be lived, which was even a state of paranoia in which the stranger was a potential enemy, and it was crazy to leave the streets @ sun.











These days I have seen beyond the causes that led to the tragic events of September 30 2010, that if the police had no reason to protest and that if it was justified to leave the country without security, there will be the subject of my reflection, that's been talked to death. What happened in country, and more specifically in my city and I do not know about other realities, has left me thinking a lot about society itself on the quality of human beings than we are.


I have a vague recollection of one of the theories of the state, that of Spencer, who compared the state as a biological organism, if I remember was the organismic theory. Oh my this comparison, to think that what happened with the police could well be considered as an autoimmune disease state, which according to wikipedia is "a disease caused because the immune system attacks the body's own cells, and me as a child my mother (scientific fact) taught me that the defenses were as your soldiers who were always ready to attack a virus or bacteria.

But thinking beyond such is the decline of this society, degeneration, destruction of self, the very low level of consciousness that trustees need to prowl the city to maintain order, needed virtual weapons or really points to prevent the spread of crime and chaos?. I wonder, individuals as such what kind of collective consciousness can be? For no, or one that leads to chaos, division and misery. And finally, low respect and trust that you had these "trustees" has lost at least in this city. Now how can a moral quality police catch criminals, if they themselves staged scenes vandalism. Where we'll end up ...

the end, I can only rely on the teachings of Brahma Kumaris. Now remember that while I peered through the window of the building where I work, my colleagues nervous, and people in the streets running, I called a Brahmin and that he asked me to be always in the remembrance of God, as this is only the expression of Iron Age in which we live. Touch to stay calm, meditation, prayer, whatever your religion or faith, generate light and expand hacia nuestros amigos, familia, barrio, ciudad, país, hasta que nos bañe a todos.

* Fotos de Diario El Universo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment